You would assume that what you do behind closed doors with another consenting adult (within reason) is your own business. Sex laws should be there to protect individuals or prohibit behaviour which has been deemed a sex crime. And that’s a good thing. On the flip side law makers seem intent on telling us what we can, and can’t do when it comes to sex. Read the 25 craziest sex laws AND COME TO THAILAND.
- In Italy, it’s only legal to have sex in a public bathroom if you keep the door shut.
- It’s illegal to have sex on the steps of a church after the sun goes down in Birmingham, UK. Maybe it’s where the term OMIGOD originated!
- It’s illegal to have sex on a motorbike in London. The poms want to spoil all the fun!
- In Santa Cruz, Bolivia it’s illegal for a man to have sex with a woman and her daughter at the same time! I guess we’ll cross that off our bucket list.
- In Estonia, sex requires your undivided attention; a quick game of chess while copulating is strictly forbidden.
- In Budapest you’re only allowed to have sex in the dark – even in your home – with your wife/husband.
- In Dubai, any sort of public display of affection – even a peck on the cheek – can result in 10 days of jail time for each person.
- In Colombia mothers are required to watch their daughters lose their virginity on the wedding night to confirm the marriage has been consummated.
- In Singapore it’s illegal to be naked in your own home if there’s a chance the neighbours can see you through a window. Stiff fines (and possibly neighbours) are a risk.
- Taking full-frontal pics in a photo booth is a cardinal sin in Sweden, but topless is ok!
- If you get caught in bed with another man’s wife in Uruguay it’s within his rights to castrate you, kill both of you or chop his wife’s nose off.
United States sex laws are some of the whackiest!
Most laws related to sex are common in every jurisdiction throughout the United States. However individual states are responsible for passing laws relating to moral conduct. Here are a few of our favourites. Some are local ordinances and some are state statutes and it would be difficult for some of them to be prosecuted.
- In Wisconsin it’s illegal for a man to fire his gun when his partner is orgasming in Connersville. And they said men can’t multi-task!
- In Bakersfield, California a law states that anyone having sex with Satan (yes, Satan) must use a condom.
- In Washington DC sex positions other than missionary are illegal. There’s got to be a joke about politicians screwing us in there somewhere! And in Massachusetts it’s illegal for a woman to be on top during sex.
- Members of the Nevada legislature cannot conduct business while the legislature is in session wearing a penis costume.
- In Alabama it was a criminal offence for a woman to initiate sex whilst hanging around a pool hall. These days women aren’t allowed to settle a tab with sex if they lose a game of pool.
- In Massachusetts you cannot recklessly have sex with a rodeo clown while the horses are still around.
- Apparently in Norfolk Virginia it’s against the law to have sex in a sidecar while it’s moving down a city street.
- In Willowdale Oregon, husbands can are fined for cursing during intercourse, but their wives can say whatever they want.
- In New York, Ohio, Arizona & Indiana having a visible erection in public is illegal. And in Mississippi it’s illegal for a male customer to have an erection at a strip club even if he is fully dressed.
- In Wyoming, it’s illegal to have sex inside a walk-in meat freezer. That must be why butchers are so grumpy.
- In Alabama men are banned from seducing a “chaste woman by means of temptation, deception, flattery or the promise of marriage”.
- In California it’s illegal for either partner to reach climax before the other during foreplay. Now that’s equality!
- In Nebraska couples sleeping at a hotel must wear the clean, cotton nightshirt provided by the hotel, even when they are having sex. And sleeping in the buff is illegal in Minnesota so don’t forget your PJs.
- Sex toys are completely illegal in Alabama, Georgia & Nevada and in some states they can’t be sold on Valentine’s Day. In Arizona, having more than two vibrators in your home is a criminal offence. In Texas you are only allowed to own 6 dildos. Quality over quantity.
Please note: We have no way of verifying all of this information but most references backup that these are either legislation or have been official court rulings regarding sexual behaviour. We’d be happy to be proven wrong because let’s face it these laws are CRAZY!
SO BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY WITH US TODAY AND COME TO S.E. ASIA.